Access Official Land Registry Title Deeds & Title Plans online
Our online portal has been developed to provide the general public and property professionals with access to the Land Registry records for the UK, and specifically to Land Registry documents such as official Title Registers & Title Plans (often called Title Deeds or Property Deeds).
Land Registry Title Registers and Title Plans disclose the name and address of the legal owner(s) of a property, the position of boundaries, maintenance responsibilities and liabilities, covenants, easements (such as rights of access), price paid, mortgages, charges and so on.
There are many other services and documents available online, including our Map Enquiry Service, Property Ownership Reports, Historical Title Deeds (i.e. copies of Official Transfers, Leases, Deeds and Conveyances) and Index Map Searches. For a full list of our online services, please click on the following link: General Land Registry Services.
The following provides a non-exhaustive list of information revealed by the Title Register and Title Plan, noting that these documents are supplied within one hour of us receiving an order.
Land Registry Title Registers
- Property ownership details, including the name and address of the registered owner(s).
- Restrictions affecting the property, such as restrictive covenants.
- Price paid/value stated for any property that has been sold since April 2000.
- Easements and rights of way/access.
- Registrable mortgages and charges affecting the title, including the name and address of the lender (such as a bank or building society).
- Tenure, i.e Freehold or Leasehold.
Land Registry Title Plans
- General position of site boundaries; typically highlighted in red.
- General location in relation to adjoining/surrounding properties and buildings.
- Title Number and Ordnance Survey Map Reference.
- Easements and rights of way/access; often indicated by colour markings.
- Maintenance responsibilities and liabilities for boundary structures.
- Please note that the Title Plan should be read in conjunction with the Register – when ordered at the same time, a discounted fee applies.